Manufactured Home Insurance
Fire, theft, windstorms — these are all risks you face every day as a mobile home owner. You are also at risk in case someone gets hurt while at your home, or you accidentally damage someone else's property. Are you covered?
Mobile home insurance provides coverage for your mobile home, garage or shed, and your personal belongings. It may be required if you have a mortgage and your home, and can also provide financial protection in case you unintentionally injure someone or damage their property.
Similar to conventional home insurance, mobile home insurance protects you in four basic ways:
- Enables you to repair/replace or get actual cash value for your mobile home usually depending on age.
- Allows you to replace your personal belongings if they are destroyed, stolen or damaged
- Covers injuries that happen to other people or their property while in your home.
- Covers your additional living expenses if you're forced to leave your home because of a claim.
Before purchasing mobile home insurance, consider the following questions:
- What would it cost to replace your mobile home?
- What would it cost to replace the contents of your mobile home?
- Do you have an inventory and photographs of your personal possessions?
- What kind of protection do you have against liability claims?
- Do you have items that should be insured with special coverage such as jewelry, cameras, collectibles etc.
- Does your mobile home have a fire extinguisher, deadbolt locks or other money-saving safety features?